Time to step up: why I'm running in this year's federal election!
Head to my video page for a clip explaining why I'm running as a candidate with the Reason Party for the Senate. A huge motivator for me has been Reason Party leader, Fiona Patten MP, who's labelled as 'Australia's most effective legislator'. Fiona has a track record of making equitable and meaningful laws, and I stand ready to do the same. My research, professional experience and life experiences mean I will work hard to negotiate - with all people and parties - to get the work done.
Check out my video page for more detail on why I've put my hand up to be in the Federal Senate. It's time, here's a few motivators for me:
- I've submitted my PhD (what a relief, and hello life again!)
- I've got the professional experience behind me
- I've got a rich understanding of how the system works
- I'm part of a party that knows how to get shit done (see the article below on Fiona Patten's track record)
- I'm beyond motivated!! To clean up corruption; to have more diverse, female voices; to take the environment seriously; to start looking after people, because when our people are healthy our economy is healthy.
- I'm ready for change! How about you?